Vintage Lighting Analog Board

MaddMaxx

Greetings! My theatre owner wants me to install and use an old analog control board : TTI Galaxy 24 channel. He is using TTI analog dimmers.
Does any old timer know where I can find a manual for this 1980's boat anchor? Thanks.

What exactly do you need to know ? The console itself is simplicity on a plate as I recall. Split X faders and a couple of Sub/Independent faders yes ?

I'm all for using old dimmers, but unless you're doing a retro thing, I would dump the board and get something newer.

I have an ETC Response A32 Out converter that I plug into my rack of 18 TTI dimmers. That allows me to use any DMX light board by running just a DMX cable from my board to the converter back stage. No nasty multi-wire cable with Cinch-Jones connectors to deal with.

If you insist on using the old board or enjoy the smell of soldering, I believe the board used one 10 pin CJ connector for each 6 dimmers and was wired as follows: pins 1 thru 6 control the dimmers, pin 8 is common, and pins 7, 9, 10 are not connected.

TTI built some really nice dimmer packs in it's day. Still great packs if they are properly maintained. Input is 0-10 volts DC. I would concur with the thought about the board, get a DMX to Analog converter and you open yourself up to a world of new board technology! Even an Elation Scene-setter 48 (About $399) gives you the ability to store hundreds of preset scenes and the ability to set up many sub-masters. A world better then the old TTI flat plate 2 scene board. Then later, you may want to move to something more sophisticated, and the system will already be compatible.

Thanks. Repairing broken connections is the problem. Sending it to Eric at Kinetic in Md. Have been trying to convince Owner to go with the converter for a couple of years now. Found him an almost free Strand board that might swing the deal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back