Analog Dimmer Board

donco

I have 3 LMI SD-12000 dimmers that I would like to find a compatable dimmer board for. The dimmers take 0-10V and have 3-pin XLR inputs. Does anyone know if there anything currently available or perhaps a used equipment vendor that would have something? Something as simple as an Elation SDC-6 DMX would be perfect.

Thanks!

if they are analogue control only buy a DMX to analogue convertor box from Fleenor or Gray interfaces this allows you to use them with any DMX board.

I am suspecting you are not wanting to spend $$$ on this project as you are resurrecting old analog dimmer packs! Considering how many thousands of 0-10v boards were around in their time, I suspect there are still quite a few old ones hanging out. Probably not something that you would find on Ebay, but any lighting company that has been around for 10 or 20 years might have one. Sadly, I threw out two boards last summer that were in my shed. Mice had gotten them.

0-10 volts was the most common protocol of its day. They were still being sold as recently as the 90s. Someone might still be for that matter! DMX has been the standard for over 25 years, but the conversion was anything but instant!

Look at a Leprecon LP-500 or -1000 series. They pop up on Ebay every now and then for usually not too much money. Alternatively, look for an ETC Response 32 (or 96) Out demultiplexer to use a modern DMX board. Both seem to be available, when they're out there, in the $200-ish price class.

normally MPX (multiplex) is 3 pin as far as analog goes. unless its one 3 pin input per channel, like each pack only has one channel of dimming for example. Lots of leprecan boards pop up on e-bay that are analog. Leprecan uses cinch jones connectors that are easy to find around so making an adapter is not hard. If you want something with more control then then take a look at the console at the bottom of this page. It gives you quite a few options along with analog and dmx control. 135: DMX Controllers ($200 & Up)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back