Another Le Maitre Neutron XS Question

Hey guys I know There has been a few posts about this little hazer, but I was wanting to a bit more specific answer.
This is the situation, we have this Le Maitre Neutron XS Hazer and for the most part it is running, however it seems at random. We turn on the power, and haze button, it sputters a bit and squirts, and then stops.
After about 19 seconds it kicks in, and starts running. Now when its running and hazing, it first sputters, and seems to come out full throttle and then slowly ramps down to almost a stop with nothing comming out. This takes place over about 5 seconds. It then takes a moment and then does the same thing by shooting out really well and then backing off to a stop. Sometime, it even studders initially where it sputters stops and then sputters again before you get that nice consistent stream of haze.
We have run distilled water through it, but since I don`t know the unit well enough I am not convinced at this point thats even the problem.
I know it has the self cleaning, but I don`t know if thats it.
By the way we don`t have the dmx option for the unit, this is all manual.
Can someone here with a working one, tell me what the normal operation of this unit is including the self cleaning option. From power on, and warming up to turning haze button on and off, to the actual output, and how low and consistent should the spray be or last.
Were trying to use it for shows, so we turn it on a head of time before the scene to give it a chance to warm up, it starts to haze, then it stops then we go to turn on the haze button, for the scene and it doesn`t haze, then after the screne id over then it kicks in, when we don`t need it then we turn off the haze button, and wait for the next scene or turn it off completely.
I almost seems random, so it really makes it tough to gauge when to turn it on so theres enough haze on stage for a specific scene, so you can`t even really use it.
Can someone here with experience with these things give me some insight into this hazer, or at least give me an idea of what I should be seeing from it, so I can attempt to trouble shoot it.
any help is greatly appreciate it,
Thanks
soundguy

It has been a while since I worked on one and the problem sounds like one I had.

There should be a tube that draws the fluid into the heater that gets clogged. Run a fine wire into the end to clean it out.

The self clean I think run should be run after each use, but check the manual. It burns out the excess fluid to prevent the clogging.

I hope someone else can add to this with more recent experience.

It sounds like there may be a blockage in the pipe somewhere - I assume everyone knows to turn the haze off first, let it finish doing it's thing, and then switch power off? Switching power off whilst it's hazing can sometimes cause blockages.

It does indeed self clean which is why you get the spitting every now and then.

There's no telling when the haze will actually start when you switch the haze switch - you may be lucky and it start straight away, or you may have to wait a little while. Again because of it's cleaning and heating cycle it kicks in when it can. It's been a few weeks since I've used one but it should once it starts (it does sometimes take a few seconds of ramping up and down) you should get a fairly "full on" consistent stream of haze.

Could it be the pump is on it's way out? How old is the unit?

Cheers

Tom

Afternoon soundguy99,

Typically if you have had the unit it's entire life you should be able to open the unit and find a cleaning wire attacthed to the inside of the unit. Generally speaking these units are notorious for becoming clogged. If you discover there is no wire and feel brave use a small drill bit and insert that into the spout. The sharp edges help remove the hardend haze fluid. I no longer have access to this unit, but if you need more help shoot me a message and I'll find some pictures to help...

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back