Another Le Maitre Neutron XS Thread

Lotos

Le Maitre Guru's... I need your ear!

The story thus far: We have an MDG Atmosphere that is in dire need of repair... But we're in the middle of opening a show... We called our friendly local shop, and had them send us out a loaner hazer so we could send ours in for repair.

What I recieved was a Le Maitre Neutron XS... Sadly a hazer I am not familiar with... After looking it over, finding a 3-Pin port on the back labelled 'DMX / 0-10v' I realized I was missing a piece, and arranged to have the Le Maitre DMX Interface sent out to us as well...

So here I am sitting on the dimmer room flood, with the Le Maitre powered up, the DMX Interface connected, and everything just peachy...

So why, oh why is there no power light on my DMX Interface?
Where does this unit recieve power from?

I'm assuming it's attempting to drain from the DMX Line and not the Hazer itself... But confirmation on even THAT fact would be nice as it would give me a starting point...

I attempted to contact my service rep, but I got to my cell at 7:02pm... And wouldn't you know the phone system starts forwarding you to voicemail at exactly 7pm? :rolleyes:

Any help would be greatly appreciated... And rewarded with beer, or cookies for those too young or... Well, digital versions of the above at least...

The DMX unit draws power from the 3 pin xlr that comes out of the back of the unit and into your DMX interface. Pin assignments are as follows, Pin 1 Remote (input) Pin 2 GND Pin 3 +12v. What I am thinking may be wrong is that when you are using an external remote (or DMX controller) you need to make sure the 'mains' switch is on and the 'haze' switch is off, the 'haze' switch is for control when not using an external remote. If you have one connected and do not turn off the 'haze' switch, it will override your remote, thus rendering it unpowered... Also, with the DMX interface, make sure your 'smoke override' switch is off, and that you get the dip switched addressed right. And just one more note, the unit will go through a cleaning cycle once powered on, which takes a couple minutes, once the cycle finishes it will begin pumping out your haze.

Hope this helps... good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back