The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Another Sweeney Issue

Discussion in 'Scenery, Props, and Rigging' started by bobgaggle, Oct 24, 2018.

1. bobgaggle

bobgaggle Well-Known Member

Shop Foreman
    Update:

Now its only going to bleed down the US wall, still 10 minutes worth.
    They're discussing blood brand. cost/gallon vs shipping charges, you know the drill. As for wall finish, we've got about three clear coats on it now. Scenic charge did a 'blood' sample with red paint and was able to wash it off after letting it sit for 25 minutes. We figured paint was going to be worse than any blood product, given that its designed to stick to walls, so I think we're in the clear as long as they start cleaning immediately after the curtain drops

RonHebbard likes this.
  2. dvsDave

dvsDave Benevolent Dictator Administrator Senior Team CB Mods Fight Leukemia

Hope you got video?

RonHebbard likes this.
  3. bobgaggle

Shop Foreman
    Sample was small scale, haven't even installed the set yet... thats next week

RonHebbard likes this.
  4. bobgaggle

Shop Foreman
    Installed! No video yet, waiting for blood to be delivered. Maybe tomorrow. Blood effect ended up being a 30 gallon trash can with a sump pump in it. Plastic irrigation hose with the stab in side emitters every 12". We'll see how it goes...

image1.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg

tdtastic and RonHebbard like this.
  5. dvsDave

dvsDave Benevolent Dictator Administrator Senior Team CB Mods Fight Leukemia

I dunno about the rest of you, but I'm ridiculously excited to see how this turns out. That set looks fantastic! Those stairs look amazing, like they've been there forever.

TheaterEd and RonHebbard like this.
  6. bobgaggle

Shop Foreman
    Alright, no video, but the system was finally tested with water. Minor adjustment issues to get the water ONTO the wall, instead of dripping straight down about an inch away from the wall. Irrigation hose with the stab in emitters wasn't the way to go (leaks around the puncture in the hose. It was to be expected i guess), but for this application its ok. I'm not going to get to see it run with blood until after opening. I might try to sneak my phone up during the show if I'm sitting in the back....

RonHebbard likes this.