Any experience working with Grace Lite Isis 575's before?

Dragonfire

Have a friend who's looking for some basic movers for his house parties and found these being offered at $45 apiece. Can't really find info on them so I'm wondering if anybody is familiar with them and might be able to advise? Is this a good price or are they really not worth any amount of money?

Here is the description I found:
ISIS 575: This bright 575W unit has 12-18 DMX channels. It has a two-direction rotating prism. It provides eight pure colors and eight mixed colors through five steel color gobos plus one white with adjustable positioning. One glass gobo has adjustable speed. It also has a 1-10 mechanical linear dimmer and high-speed strobe. The 540° pan and 250° tilt have a very accurate micro-adjustment (spot and wash versions). Its base protects against overheating and high voltage.

I have not worked with this fixture but my impression is that it is more suitable for stage use than house parties. It has a 575 watt arc lamp, which is bright but means the fixture will be bigger and heavier than a LED mover. It will also lack the color-changing abilities. While the price looks good, these are older fixtures and have aging electronic ballasts. I think it would be better to look for a LED mover that is intended for DJ use. There seems to be many on the market but maybe not at $45.

Grace Lites was the original name for G-Lites. You can buy as many as you want, but make sure you account for a few spares for parts as they were hard to get even when they were an actively sold product. Mac is right. These fixtures go back to around 2010 and were around for a few years. Chinese made. They were pretty solid for the most part, but as US tech support and service for the product, I remember issues with ignitors and ballasts to be the most common issue. Be aware: they came in either 120v or 208v and are NOT auto-sensing. One last thin, they are very heavy for their size...

Here is their website: https://www.grace-audio.com/grace2/index.php?id=I

Cheers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back