Anyone got any input or comments about the Chauvet Diamond strip?

matrobar

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has used the Chauvet diamond strip?

I have a client who wants to use these as wall washers.

Any comment about quality of this product would be great

Thanks

Mat

Also , Can i get some suggestions for a white linear LED wall washer similar the Diamond strip. It must be at least 30" long.

I have looked at Accaim Xbar HIP but it is way too expensive and there is a 8 week back order.

I have not found much else that is of reasonable quality.

Thanks for you help

Also , Can i get some suggestions for a white linear LED wall washer similar the Diamond strip. It must be at least 30" long.

I have looked at Accaim Xbar HIP but it is way too expensive and there is a 8 week back order.

I have not found much else that is of reasonable quality.

Thanks for you help

My one experience with Chauvet LED gear, was a set of RGB floor strips that had flicker at any level under 100% and above 5%. It developed that some Chauvet gear doesn't like to listen to the particular flavor of DMX that ETC spits out. Both ETC and Chauvet are aware of it and as a tech at ETC told me "We are trying to get the issues resolved, but Chauvet is being difficult", and I have yet to learn if they solved the problems.

Steve B.

...Any comment about quality of this product would be great. ..
I can't speak to that specific fixture, but a search on CB for "Chauvet" will reveal varying opinions on the quality of their other products.

Three iW Cove Powercore or iW Profile g2? At the other end of the spectrum, Wiedamark SmartBar 39 3W White.

What kind of budget do you have? How much light output do you require?

More specifics will go a long way in recommendations of the appropiate fixture.

Longman Mfg. offers several strip fixtures that my suit your needs. All are available with any configuration of diodes, i.e., RGB, AWB, RGBAW, etc.

The build quality is on par with the higher priced offerings at substantial savings.

A couple of examples.

18-RGB

proxy.php

36-RGB

proxy.php

Or for big power, the V-Power 9 which offers 54 - 3w diodes, with 36 being tricolor RGB and 18 being AWW (Amber, White, White) diodes.

proxy.php

We are about to deliver some of Longmans products to a church in Texas and a high school in California. Pictures will be available shortly. There is a middle road between the high priced MFG's and the DJ suppliers.

I can't say anything about that specific Chauvet product, but I have (and still do) work with Chauvet's Colorstrips and LEDsplash 200Bs. (The diamond strip is more or less exactly the same as the colorstrip, but with all white leds) The quality and integrity of those products is questionable. They're alright for portable setups, but they wouldn't be even my last resort in a permanent setting.

About half of them have had issues, ranging from a row of LEDs not being wired correctly (thus not working), to the entire fixture not functioning at all. One fixture was sent back to us in the same condition that we sent it in.

So my advice is, just be wary of Chauvet. Spend the extra money on a higher quality fixture, you'll be happy in the long run.

Other than that, the light output for washing walls with most of these fixtures is decent enough, as long as you don't want to try to mix amber or white with an RGB fixture!

Hi

Thanks for all the info

Some more info:

We will be illuminating 18 4' X 10' translucent acrylic sheets which have graphics printed on each one

Budget is around $250.00per fixture but the client will go a bit higher if needed. They might opt for illuminating the Acrylic top and bottom instead of just the bottom so that the light will wash the entire piece.
In this case we will go with two 18 - 21" fixtures. So we would need a total of 36 pieces instead of 18.

We do not need it to be rediculously bright just enough that the art is visible from the outside at night . it is more important that the entire piece is washed in light

Billesc: please send me a link to info on the longman product. I googled it and cant see to find the company

Thanks again

Mat

I've had some quality issues with the Chauvet fixtures too. Although, I have not had any problems sending them DMX from an ETC controller. I have used both the Express and the Ion to drive Chauvet units with no DMX issues. I'd love a link to the Longman equipment too.

Thanks for posting the Longman link. I've been out working events since Thursday and just back home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back