Anyone have any experience with the Hollyland Solidcom M1?

We rented a 8 user set for our Fall Play.

We have very challenging room, and our Backstage and Preshow meeting rooms have many multiples off very think concrete/cinderblock walls between them and our Catwalk Transceiver position. The system worked very well for us.

I had all the students on Channel A
Myself and the PSM and SFX on B
and Myself , FOH managers and our Wired Com(Video/camera) on C

Worked great.

Con's:
The latch on latch off for Talk is... annoying, but learnable.
Lemo headset connector I think is still a weird choice, but the connector and headsets seem pretty robust, and were comfortable overall
Lack of a Call light, or flashing indicator, or vibration is a bummer for those moments, you have it just hanging around your neck or sitting next to you.
The noise gate, is a little to aggressive. whispering in to the system has to be done with the mic very close to your mouth.

I've proposed to our Supervisor that we pick up a set for our High School Aud, and maybe a second for the Middle school.
at B&H through the education/Gov portal the 8 user system can be had for 5400$ shipped.
Our 8 transmitter set is working out great. You should note that you can make button "A" PTT by double tapping it. I was tearing my hair out because I didn't know that and we kept having transmitters drop out, no send or recieve. Turns out kids were idly pushing that button. Another double hit puts it back in latch on/off mode. Also, I think there's been a software update that allows you to change the noise gate trigger point-- either that or they just made it less aggressive based on customer feedback. Lack of call light is irritating, but seeing as I'm getting reliable wireless comms for a fraction of the price of the the big guys, I'm pretty psyched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back