Apollo Iris stuck

hamlett22

HI

I bought 10 Apollo irises and am just now pulling them out of their boxes and installing them.

One I pulled out today powered up and started its power-up cycle but when the iris opened all the way up it got stuck and clicked in the open position repeatedly, presumably trying to finish the power cycle-on routine by closing the iris.

I am wondering if this is a common problem and if so is there a fix that I can handle?

I can unplug the device and then use my fingers to manually close the iris. There is no tension and it easily closes all the way so that eliminates the idea that it might be jammed. When I plug it back again it powers up and runs 1/2 the cycle and the problem repeats itself.

Any advice?

Thanks

I would suggest calling the dealer you purchased from and setting up and exchange. It sounds like the unit was DOA so there shouldn't be a problem with just getting a new one. If your dealer won't help you out there, then give Apollo a call. It probably isn't the best idea to go poking around inside the product on your own anyway, and would probably void an warranty. If you purchased from a reputable dealer then they probably won't give you any trouble in exchanging the product.

Good day Hamlett22,

Having been involved in the creation and attendence of the Apollo booth at LDI, it's now time to continue digging through the stack of un-finished business. I'm familiar with your purchase of Apollo Iris and scroller products and am curious- have you spoken with a technician here at Apollo regarding this unusual iris?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back