Architectural Lighting Discussion Forum?

JSFox

Is anyone aware of any good discussion forums for architectural lighting? I helped an architect friend with a house he designed and they want me to do a couple more. Very very different arena this architectural world. Different fixtures, different control systems, different frustrations :)

I've found Architectural Illumination magazine, but no forums there. IES and Designers Lighting Forum don't seem to have online forums either.

Thanks,

Re: modern lighting

JSFox,

While there are a number of message boards and general construction forums, I have not seen an architectural lighting forum that remotely mimics the ControlBooth. Granted, the community here is quite diverse with varying levels of experience and perhaps we don't compete as aggressively with each other (more of the 'scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' motto) as the multi-billion $ architectural business which seems much more cut throat during this market contraction.

Washington, D.C. — October 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — McGraw-Hill Construction, part of The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP), today released its 2012 Dodge Construction Outlook, a mainstay in construction industry forecasting and business planning, which predicts that overall U.S. construction starts for next year will remain essentially flat. The level of construction starts in 2012 is expected to be $412 billion, following the 4% decline to $410 billion predicted for 2011. Construction Industry to Remain Flat in 2012, Says McGraw-Hill Construction Dodge Outlook Report

The worldwide lighting market will grow to approximately EUR 110 billion ($159 billion) in 2020, with 80% of that total from general lighting, according to a report from McKinsey & Company (Munich, Germany).

McKinsey was commissioned by Osram, Siemens’ lighting division, to examine the worldwide lighting market and to investigate the adoption patterns of SSL through the year 2020. The McKinsey report can be downloaded from the LEDs Magazine website at
LEDs Magazine - McKinsey releases lighting market report.

I'll disregard the previous spam posting as it is irrelavent to the question re: architectural lighting forums. It's just another drive-by ad...

Last edited:
Re: modern lighting

There is a "Lighting Designers Group" on Linked In that seems to be frequented by architectural designers, but as has been mentioned, it doesn't hold a candle to this forum (perhaps I'm just disappointed it wasn't a theatrical/entertainment group ;) ) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back