Are there any free simulation programs?

I downloaded Capture, and it looks cool, but it seems to have a rather steep curve. So far I have figured out that pre-viz is a very complicated issue... and I thought VectorWorks Spotlight was a steep curve...

Hey guys, if you didn't see before, I have found a program called DasLightII, just search DasLight on Google. I will post a video sometime soon with my..not so good..model of our theatre and with some active lights.

Still need to isntallt he lights, and find equilvilents to ours, sence they have everyone but Colortran :/

Still need to isntallt he lights, and find equilvilents to ours, sence they have everyone but Colortran :/

Having never used the program, I can't say for certian... But consider looking under:
Berkey, Lee Colortran or Leviton

That company has gone through so many hands it's not even funny... That being said, arguably, so has Strand... Ho hum...

I know Lightwright used to have a free demo of the software with no time limits and most features, but now none of the links I found on google for the demo (which worked less than a year ago) lead to anything.

Lightwright can be downloaded for free from John McKernon's website. The free demo version is limited to 75 worksheet rows, however (good for small plots).

http://www.mckernon.com

You might be intrested in
"Theatrical Lighting Design Interactive"
it is not free but neither is a book on the subject.
Theatrical Design Home Page
this is a educational program that alows you to do basic visual simulation work with positions and color

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back