Atomic 3K lamps lasting less life

ship

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
Don't now for sure but since Martin stopped buying OEM from Philips, at least to me it seems like my Atomic lamps don't seem to be lasting up to their at least 250 hour rated life or near to it. At best these days like 180 hours, at best.

What's the cause of the failure where black burn dots are showing up between electrode and ignition wire at the lead in part and especially goes crusty smokey bad on that end? Them dots and smoke on the lamps a the lead in part more so than the other end? (posting photos or attachments part seemingly is missing on the forum at the momet.) I got no idea other than perhaps related to the strike wire added to a normal xenon lamp as OEM thing havig a problem, a lesser lamp problem or perhaps my fixtures in getting older are suffering from say capacitor/age of circuitry problems and that's something to change or upgrade. Serious problems I would say at this point in lamps not lasting their lamp life. Anyone else see this and have ideas on why they are not lasting?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back