automated lighting/ any good schools around?

MrEpicX

so yea, basically as a longer version,as u can tell im new to the lighting game and first off would like to find a even short class in b.c. (kelowna or kamloops) area to really get into it.

also what my band is wanting to do, is basically program an entire shows lighting and put music into our ears and almost play it like a theater show. everything planned, everything in sync. i dont know if this is possible. ive seen things that can do the music side, and things that can kinda do the lighting side.

any help would be very appreciates cuz i know that lighting is kind of the unsung hero, no one notices how ****ty the show really is untill the lights are gone :p

Do you currently own any lights? Do you have anything to run them with? I will let somebody that is closer to your area let you know about any classes but with more information we may be able to help you out here.

Do you currently own any lights? Do you have anything to run them with? I will let somebody that is closer to your area let you know about any classes but with more information we may be able to help you out here.

i own 2 l.e.d. (dont recall brand off hand :( ) lights, nothing to run them with
like i said, fairly new to the game. more into learning then buying then making mistakes and learning from them :p ive done that enough with my drums and my hobbies alike lol

The reason I ask is there are relatively inexpensive solutions that can be run manually from the stage via Midi or sync it to the sound via Midi. It doesn't really require classes, just a little study.

Google midi lighting controllers and you will find quite a few possibilities, then come back and we can give you advice on which to buy and how to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back