Avixa AV Technology Certification?

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
I just had someone send me a resume with a copy of their AVIXA AV Technologist Certificate. I know AVIXA is Infocom. Can anyone tell me about this certificate and test? How hard is it to pass? I'm guessing this is maybe known in the corporate AV world?

Thanks!

Yep, corporate presentation is one of the applications that an AVT might have.

It's an entry-level certification. I would consider even CTS to be entry level, but CTS is at least taken at a formal testing center. Technologist is taken online and doesn't require you show documented experience or job history like the CTS/CTS-D/CTS-I would. Also, if you fail the CTS-x exams, you have to pay a retake fee and schedule another appointment at the testing center. For the online AVT test, my understanding is you have unlimited attempts to pass it.

I wouldn't put much stock in it. If someone is newer to the industry, this is basically just a way of them showing they've taken at least some marginal steps toward...something. Something is better than nothing, but at best, it is an indicator that someone has a basic grip on the vocabulary of the industry. Beyond that, you should interview the candidate in the manner you would interview anyone else to assess their qualifications. This credential should not be used to put one resume above any others, nor should it fast-forward a candidate through an interview/hiring process.

Yep, corporate presentation is one of the applications that an AVT might have.

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

AVT is a step below CTS. This link does not discuss the AVT certification. This page is more applicable to comparing the tests, albeit has next to nothing on the subject matter contents.

Thanks everyone. That's all sort of what I guessed it meant. As always, the most important thing in this industry is where did you last work and who did you impress while you were there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back