Barbie movie affects global pink paint supply?

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
The headlines sounded too sensational to be true, but it turns out there was truth behind the headline. Much as I suspected, it was a shade of Rosco paint that the movie’s production depleted the supply of.

Last edited:
Reactions: Van
What none of the storys offer though is, what was the supply level? Could have been 5 cans of paint... Could have been 500. How popular was pink before this and what was the maintained stock level previous to this run on the supply?

If we knew there was only 10 gallons in the world of Rosco pink paint, the story wouldn't be nearly as sensational. 'Barbie movie uses 10 GALLONS of pink paint' isn't quite as click worthy as 'Barbie movie uses all the pink paint in the WORLD'

Well as someone who works in a shop that stocks Rosco paints....I can not remember ever stocking pink.....in 30+ years. That always seemed like a mix-it-your-self or special order it.

This went over my head so fast I felt my hair move. WTF is Kapoor?

Anish Kapoor made an arrangement with the maker of Vantablack that he would be the only person allowed to use it for artistic purposes because he thought he was that special... So, when Stuart Semple (another artist) made the pinkest pink pigment, he set the licensing so everyone in the world except for Anish Kapoor is allowed to use it.

This went over my head so fast I felt my hair move. WTF is Kapoor?
Here is the entire tale of who he is and why the art world hates him. It's long, but very entertaining.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ahhhh! Thanks for the enlightenment!

Oh thank goodness. I was afraid it had something to do with Georgia O'Keefe, and other things about which I have no experience or knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back