Bates with ring terminals

If you are looking for used stage pins......mostly Rosco of many different generations (the first style melted, the second style the plastic would crack and the threaded inserts would pull out, then they changed it from 3 to 2 screws on the cover, the strain relief got redesigned a few times)- a few weeks ago we sadly stripped down about a hundred par64 cans, cutting connectors off and pulling lamps, and piled them in the attic (so future generations can find them to do what????)

We always used ring crimps that were crimped and soldered. The soldering was really key to preventing failures in the field. We also used "Rubbers" (short lengths of SO cable outer jacket about 1" long) to help prevent the fiberglass sleeving from pulling out of the connector.

Meant denoted, stupid autocorrect.

But detonated isn’t completely wrong. 🤪

This thread has been both a bummer and exciting. I'm bummed I won't get my ring terminals but I learned some good stuff and what a great discussion on the future of connectors!

We always used ring crimps that were crimped and soldered. The soldering was really key to preventing failures in the field.
Did you tin the wire end and then apply heat and more solder after crimping, or did you dip the entire terminal in a solder pot as was practice at a certain San Francisco shop in the late 1970s?
We also used "Rubbers" (short lengths of SO cable outer jacket about 1" long) to help prevent the fiberglass sleeving from pulling out of the connector.
One of my most favorite and frugal tricks. Unfortunate name, could somehow get confused with truss condom s.

Did you tin the wire end and then apply heat and more solder after crimping, or did you dip the entire terminal in a solder pot as was practice at a certain San Francisco shop in the late 1970s?

One of my most favorite and frugal tricks. Unfortunate name, could somehow get confused with truss condoms.
One thing I learned along the way is that the crimping and soldering practice is frowned upon in high vibration environments (marine, aerospace) as the stranded wire will break right at the solder joint.

The name “rubbers” could also be confused with mic pack “vapor barriers”.

The other NEC issue with the True1 is the single-source/sole manufacturer. So Neutrik needs to settle on ONE connector to make popular enough to attract a clone/knock-off? Doesn't sound right. They might, eventually, get approval and thus wider use and more sales, but they'll have to share the glory with "the cloners".
There is the Seetronic Powerkon that both Chauvet and Elation use. We needed to replace a bunch of connectors from general wear and tear from being outdoors and they were extremely hard to source in the quantities that we needed, even the fixture manufacturers couldn’t get us them.

Does a "stock molder" deal in millwork?
"Destine to live on" Is destine a word? Or a Paul Anka hit?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There is the Seetronic Powerkon that both Chauvet and Elation use.
Thanks, I had forgotten about that one. Okay, now we have us a ballgame. Let's get True1 TOP (and its equivalents) into the code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back