batteries

I been using Procells for about 2 years now without any "bad batteries"
We use the 9v and the AA. Before we used Energizer Industrials, but I have timed the two side by side, the Procells last over an hour longer, consistantly. The engineer before me would reuse cheap batteries 2 and 3 times!!!! Thats a major don't! It's a lot cheaper to buy new batteries for EACH USE, then to screw up a show, performance, recording, etc. I always hold on to the ones I've only used an hour tops, all others hit the can.

Final Choice: DURACELL PROCELLS 8)

Jonathan G. Phillips
TV Audio Engineer

Andy_Leviss said:
Here's a quote from a test Professional Wireless Systems ran on a number of battery brands in a Vega transmitter:

For years, most of the wireless audio industry have considered Duracell Procell batteries to be the best choice. Indeed, the best battery shown on the graph above is a Procell. However, the three Procell's tested were extremely inconsistent. Also, the four Duracell Copper Top batteries tested were the worst performers.

The most consistent and long lasting 9v batteries seem to be the Energizer industrial and Wal*Mart Everactive batteries. These gave consistent run-times that exceeded 5 hours, 45 minutes in a BT-2020.

See the full page, including the graph of the results, at: http://www.professionalwireless.com/04_battery.htm

They test the various brands in five different models of transmitters, with detailed graphs and summaries for each. The aforementioned Vega test was the ONLY one in which ProCells bested Energizers at all, and as noted, that wasn't consistent.

--A
Regarding batteries.
Check out http://www.BuyBattery.com

A great site for Duracell Procell batteries in Bulk.

LikeAStory, this is not the forums for you if your sole intent is to promote the company you work for. Please refrain from using this for advertising.

No unsolicited commercial meesages are to be posted in the Controlbooth forums without approval from the webmaster(which I highly doubt you will get)

My school uses Toshiba 9 & AA 's and the mic's we use have a batt moniter on the reciver i have never seen a battery with two bars used and we use them alot

Has anyone used Radio Shack Enercell's. I've never used them in a cordless mic but I've used them in other things and they seem to have a pretty good run time.

I use what they buy me, usually Energizer. I have an interesting Radio Shack battery story, I left my SPL meter sitting on the stage turned on for about 20 hours, when I came back and found the meter the battery still tested 5 out of 7 bars on our tester.

I use Energizer. They last long and the price is reasonable. I don't like to buy cheap batteries because your buying just that. Cheap batteries. I'd rather pay more for a battery that last longer.

They also zapp better when someone falls asleep with their mouth open in the booth.

I tend to use the no name batteries that the school likes to buy for all practices, but for shows, I'll use Duracell ProCells if possible, otherwise just plain Duracells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back