The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Battery issues

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, and Intercom' started by peacefulone61, Apr 20, 2017 at 9:19 PM.

1. peacefulone61

peacefulone61 Active Member

Technical Director
    so I am at the end of tech week and I have noticed that we are going through batteries much faster than I am use to. In am use to at least getting through one show without battiereis dieing mid show. I am using pro cells and am lucky if i get three hours before they die

I am not sure what I am doing wrong

2. TNasty

TNasty Member

Electrical Engineer
    I'm assuming you're talking about wireless mics.

Your best bet is to take a multimeter to do some investigating. 1.5v is a nominal value, a new battery will always have a higher voltage across its terminals than what it's marked with. A battery is usually considered dead by the time it reaches its marked voltage.
    Just go ahead and write down your findings. Test new batteries. Test old batteries. Test different makes and models of batteries. Take note of where the battery was made, what its shelf life year is, where you bought it, and how much you paid for the battery (or the pack).

You'll be amazed by the numbers. The issue you may be experiencing is that the batteries have been sitting around long enough that they've lost some of their "shine". The batteries may have also been sitting in a warehouse or store shelf for longer than you thought.

But before you get knee deep in Microsoft Office Excel and batteries, check your mics. They may have a higher transmission power mode enabled, and you don't even know that its been turned on.

3. peacefulone61

peacefulone61 Active Member

Technical Director
    I will check for the mode we are almost at the curtain call.