Battery Powered White LED ... or better!

McCready00

I am actually working on a project where we need a battery powered LED source that would fit in a helmet. Light would be emmited from the inside of the helmet. I need something such 150w incandescent equivalent.

So the equipment would need to be a small package to fit in the helmet.

I can't find anything that would fit so far. Although, if someone ever had to deal with that, what had been your solution ?

If you had a even better solution for me, I would be interested to hear it !

thank you

how long before you could change or charge battery and any room outside of helmet for battery? Belt pack, other?

how long before you could change or charge battery and any room outside of helmet for battery? Belt pack, other?

We have minimum 3 hours in between each uses. LED needs to be turned ON for 10 minutes.

If for a short time, I have had success with 4 3V cr2032 batteries and a 12V LED Source

Yep, as said ( and I should had said it before ), the LED will be on for 10 minutes. Also, those lights will be used to lit someone else. So I wonder if 12V LED would be enough. HOw did you use it ?

Thanks

LED tape is probably the best. For 150 watt equivalency, you will need 20 to 24 watts of LED, which at 12 volts will require a 2 amp draw without fade. Sounds like a rechargeable lithium pack to me. ( a lot bigger than a couple of coin batteries.) Think small power tool battery.

I think for that sort of thing I'm with techiman33. I'd head over to the dollar store and pick up a couple cheap led flashlights. You would probably need to extend the wires after you take them apart, but they'll include everything else you need in one little package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back