Best LED Strip

I'm looking for suggestions for a VERY high output LED strip or panel. I'll compromise on beam angle once i find one that's bright enough. If it'll blow you away and blind you at the same time, that's what I'm looking for.

American DJ - (Yeah I know) But hear me out...
Their "Mega Bar" is actually pretty nice accurate colors and a very nice fill when placed next to your wall . I wouldn't call these low profile but they definatley do a nice led up lighting job... Hope this helped.

PixelRange 110.

I can bring one by for you to take a look at if you'd like to let you see first hand.

Check out the ETC Selador Vivid. They pack a 3.5 watt Luxeon K2 LED. I don't think anything comes close to them at this point for shear power (other than their little brother and sister the 2.5 Watt Lustr and Paletta fixtures). You can also put in different spreader plates to adjust the beam angle.

I seriously doubt the ADJ's can even come close to the power of a Vivid... but they do cost a LOT less money. Always beware when an manufacturer brags about the SIZE of the LED and not the brand of the LED manufacturer and it's actual power rating.

Which is brighter?
40" ADJ Mega Bar has 252 LED's and burns 30 Watts of power.
42" ETC Vivid has 160 LED's and burns 648 Watts of power.

PixelRange also has some pretty impressive fixtures.

If your budget doesn't support these fixtures take a look at NEO-NEON the Chinese OEM manufacturer. Do a search and you'll find a thread started by BillESC with some impressive shoot out pictures.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Very possible that I grabbed the wrong thread. Most pictures are blocked by content filtering here at work, so sometimes it's hard to tell.

Yeah, the Vivid by ETC is the best, but I am not sure if it is worth the price for you.

Those units by Neo-Neon are great too. I recently became a dealer for them. Good units at a great price. I am even thinking about putting one of their movers through its paces.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back