Bijou board DMX 2 trouble

My school's lighting board is a Bijou 2.00. I have never used the second DMX on it and I heed to for an upcoming show. However I cannot get the board to recognize anything on channels 513-1024. The board shoes that they exist but nothing will show up when I have sonething inserted to DMX 2.

I am try to run some LEDs off of the second DMX if thats any help.

Is there something more needed for the board to make this work Or am I missing a certain setting, and I have looked all over trying everything.

Thank you.

How are your fixtures addressed? I don't know the board, but maybe you should be starting the first LED channel at 1, not 513.

Hopefully user DimmerDotCom will be along soon. He is the one to ask!

How are your fixtures addressed? I don't know the board, but maybe you should be starting the first LED channel at 1, not 513.

Generally speaking in most cases it is physically impossible to address something higher than 512. But, I believe the point Tex is making is that when you are using the 2nd universe, you are offset by 512 (assuming you have the output set up that way, which is most likely the default), so while you address something in universe 2 at 001, it will respond to the DMX dimmer 513 in the board.

I would double check your addressing and double check that the board is in fact outputting data from universe 2 (some boards you can turn it off) and make sure it is set to start at dimmer 513 (or whatever you would like to use).

-Tim

... The board shows that they exist but nothing will show up when I have sonething inserted to DMX 2. ...
I'm not sure you understand how DMX works. You can't just plug an LED or moving light fixture into a DMX output and have the console recognize that something is there. ("Auto-discovery" one of the key features of ACN.) You have to tell the board, via the patch, what is where. See the explanation in the wiki: DMX.

As other have said, if a fixture is addressed as 001, "dimmer" 513 on the console should control it. See also the section in the manual on automated luminaire fixture definition file/fixture personality/fixture profile. Bijou (or is it Bijou Plus) has this, or similar, right?

I'm not sure you understand how DMX works. You can't just plug an LED or moving light fixture into a DMX output and have the console recognize that something is there. ("Auto-discovery" one of the key features of ACN.) You have to tell the board, via the patch, what is where. See the explanation in the wiki: DMX.

As other have said, if a fixture is addressed as 001, "dimmer" 513 on the console should control it. See also the section in the manual on automated luminaire fixture definition file/fixture personality/fixture profile. Bijou (or is it Bijou Plus) has this, or similar, right?

The Bijou Plus has integrated moving light hardware (encoders and such) but I'm not sure if the software is different or not. My Bijou (2-tier design, like the Plus but with no encoders) has the Control Freak input, which is just like the encoder section of the Plus. So theoretically, the software should be there regardless. I'm not sure about the single tier Bijou (I think it's the 24/48 or some such).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back