Control/Dimming Bijou lighting control console questions

I am not familiar with the console, except for the manual I just downloaded. It appears the console does have a Dimmer and Channel Check function, which would allow you to move through your plot and create a magic sheet.

The command syntax is probably something like [X] [at] [Y] [Check] [Enter].

X represents the channel or dimmer number to start at, likely 1, and Y represents the intensity you wish to bring it up at. By hitting [Next] and [Last] you should be able to step through things.

Again, not familiar with that console, so I can not tell you how to switch between channel and dimmer modes of operation. Likely it is linked to one of the three [F] function soft keys.

Keep in mind, there are major differences between Channel numbers and Dimmer Numbers. Dimmer numbers represent the identification of a physical piece of equipment within the space that is links the console and the lighting fixtures to control which fixtures come on and at what intensity. Channel numbers may mirror dimmer numbers, but not necessarily. They represent an arbitrary virtual identification the console links to dimmer numbers, which can, in the case of many consoles including the Bijou, be reassigned by the user. By proper reassigning of channel numbers in the Patch screen, the user can organize lights into channel ranges such as 1-9, 21-29, 31-39 etc. in a way that represents their use and area of the stage they light.

Depending on how your rig is set up, a soft patch may have been completed already; and as the console programs cues, effects, and submasters by channel; checking by dimmer may be irrelevant. Even in the event one hasn't been completed, it would ultimately lead to the same result whether you completed a check by channel or dimmer.

Redac of the e-mail I sent you earlier.

HERE is a link to a page with the Bijou OLE archived.

As a note, something we seem to forget, including myself, is that many of these questions have been brought up before. Control Booth has set up an excellent custom Google search in that top right corner. Searching for "Bijou OLE" brought up results, the first of which was a thread that had the link to that site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back