Blizzard - Not so good.

Is Blizzard a good brand of light?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Aakburns

I'm curious to hear peoples take on using blizzard lights. I have some of the Blades and the Flurry lights. I'm extremely disappointed with all of them. They work, no doubt, but the issues are endless. The blue LED in the blades is a bad blue by default. The Flurry lights have horrid motors and don't track well with each other.

I even have the Blizzard Atmosphere HZ, it's the most unreliable thing I've used yet for haze. It's been out for service twice in two months of use. I plan to purchase a Radience hazer this next month, it will solve that issue I suppose.

I see blizzard lights and the terrible way they try to make new stuff. It's confusing. I gave them a try and never will again. The owner of the company is also a complete ass.

Anyone else had experience with blizzard lights? What's your take on them, have you found any to be worth the money?

I've had my Quadra ToughPars for going on 2 years now. Out of the 10 I have Ive only had 2 go down and I would chalk that up to power surging. Still waiting to take in the other one as its not producing proper colors.

But we are comparing apples to oranges and my fixtures don't move.

I have some very early Blizzard Pucks and the build quality of those is terrible. They're all still working after reflowing all the internal solder joints. I can't speak for the current line of products. I would expect quality to have improved.

@Aakburns well the first question I always ask is did you try contacting the manufacturer for support? Too many people jump straight to slamming the manufacturer on the Internet without giving them a chance to fix the problem.

That said, Blizzard makes a low budget product and as such you should expect lower build quality and a shorter life cycle. When you go shopping in the AMDJ, Blizzard, Irradiant, random Chinese manufacturer, end of the pool there is always a gamble involved.

I have 21 hotbox fixtures. They have a smooth dimming curve and take care of my top wash or uplight needs. Never had an issue with them and they are WAY quieter than the $99 LED Pars I've worked with in the past. When I met the owner (they are right down the road from me) he was quite pleasant and approachable. For the community theater / high school venues, they are the best I've worked with at that price point for static fixtures. Better than the no-name fixtures and actual people stateside that can help trouble shoot things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back