Channel 24 Music/Computer Sound
Channel 25 Wired Mic for MC

If i don't use Main outputs on the board and i only use AUX 1 and 2
Would i be able to accomplish this?
Channel 21-23 AUX 1 Only
Channel 24 AUX 1 only
and Channel 25 AUX 1 or AUX 2 Depending on what they want to announce

Thanks for your input

In short, the answer is yes. You would have to adjust channel 25 each time you need to change between outputs, so it might be tedious. What are you trying to accomplish exactly? What kind of board do you have? There might be an easier way to go about it. Potentially you could still use the main outs and just pan each channel. Left could be one set of speakers, right could be the other. That way you just have to pan channel 25 to change outputs (only one knob most likely).

~Dave

i don't remember exactly what board it is. i'm pretty sure it is a Yamaha, the only reason that i was thinking that the AUX outputs would work because on each channel i have a knob for each 4 of the AUX sends, So i was thinking that i would just be able to use that. turning each set of speakers up or down

Another, possibly easier way, would be to use sub masters if you have them. Sub 1 could be inputs 21-24 and sub 2 could be input 25. If you have enough sub masters and want stereo, send inputs 21-24 to subs 1&2 and input 25 to sub 3&4 (There's no need for stereo on this channel if it's a mic). Your sub masters should have a button to toggle between sending the feed out of the sub master ONLY or ALSO sending it to the mains.

Here's an example of how I'd do your thing, Axl:

(I'm describing this for a Mackie SR24-4, the board I'm mixing on just now. It has 4 submasters, and a stereo main.) You would assign all your inputs except the MC mic to the Stereo mixbus, and mix them normally using the slide fader. You could then take the stereo output for your second power amp *from the Submaster 1-2 outs*, instead of the Stereo Main outs, and use the channel assign buttons on that input to feed main, secondary, or, indeed, both -- and still use the normal controls to get everything else done.

The problem with using Aux feeds is that you have to mix differently regardless of whether your aux's are pre- or post-fader. Two different *kinds* of differently; pre-fader is much more annoying since you can't use the slider at all, but even with post-fader, you'd have to be able to unroute that channel from the Main outs... and if you don't have submasters, you may not be able to.

And if you *do* have submasters, why not use them? (As long as they're real submasters, with bus-outs, as opposed to VCA subgroup faders, which often -- possibly always -- do not.)

i don't remember exactly what board it is. i'm pretty sure it is a Yamaha, the only reason that i was thinking that the AUX outputs would work because on each channel i have a knob for each 4 of the AUX sends, So i was thinking that i would just be able to use that. turning each set of speakers up or down
We really need to know the specific mixer model to be able to identify what capabilities it has and what options it may support. Otherwise people may miss potential options that are available with your mixer or you may get suggestions that you then can't implement.

Sorry guys,
Thanks for your answer. As it turns high. High School is still a very bias and favor based program. So i am unable to use the soundboard. But thanks for your input

Users who are viewing this thread

Back