Booth Organization Ideas?

baileypl

I am working in a complety dis organized lighting and sound booth. Sound was somewhat organized but I'm not sure how to organize. Can you guys help??

Here's the stuff in the cabinets
CD/s (Obsolete for our sound system now)
Tapes (Definitely obsolete)
Safety Cable
Chain
Gaff Tape
Duct Tape
Masking Tape
Bulbs for the lights
Fuses
Compressed air
Lighting gels

We have 3 cabinets to use, each having 3 big drawers... any ideas?

I attached how the booth is set up.

Thanks!! It's great to be part of this community

Attachments

• sound area.png
    sound area.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 52

SteveB

Use of the booth for storage is obviously dependent on the proximity to the stage where you need stuff. A closet or cabinets near the stage can be more useful, with security being a consideration.

I would hang safety cables somewhere closer to to where you hang instruments, as well as hang them as opposed to laying down in a cabinet.

Gels I would store in a filing cabinet, one folder per color, separate drawer for a different frame size (6-1/4" and 7-1/2" as example).

All else, yes in cabinets and get the cabinets locked.

baileypl

Use of the booth for storage is obviously dependent on the proximity to the stage where you need stuff. A closet or cabinets near the stage can be more useful, with security being a consideration.

I would hang safety cables somewhere closer to to where you hang instruments, as well as hang them as opposed to laying down in a cabinet.

Gels I would store in a filing cabinet, one folder per color, separate drawer for a different frame size (6-1/4" and 7-1/2" as example).

All else, yes in cabinets and get the cabinets locked.

Thanks for your reply! That's what I think I'll do :) Great idea!!

venuetech

Departed Member
The tape can be stored on a T-bar, (a stick about 6 or 7 inches long with tie line at the center.) That can usually find a corner to hang in. The duct tape should be wrapped in a old paper bag and stored in a far away trash can. Nesting bins help with patch cables, and small items. I like the clear shoe box size. Drawer organizers from an office supply help with the small stuff.

Last edited:

baileypl

The tape can be stored on a T-bar, (a stick about 6 or 7 inches long with tie line at the center.) That can usually find a corner to hang in. The duct tape should be wrapped in a old paper bag and stored in a far away trash can. Nesting bins help with patch cables, and small items. I like the clear shoe box size. Drawer organizers from an office supply help with the small stuff.

Ok! That sounds like a great idea!! I like the idea of using nesting bins. I've started with what @SteveB suggested with the gels. These ideas are great.... I'm just not sure about about the T-bar because i'm not sure where i'd be able to put it. The booth is like 3 feet between the back wall and the desks if that. I'm just not sure I can pull it off.... I couldn't store the T-bar and tape backstage because who knows who'll take it lol. But all great ideas :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread