Sound...

proxy.php

... and lights.

proxy.php

Not pretty, but comfortable.

You have an innovator? I'm sorry.

My temporary "Booth" for our musical: "The Full Monty"

proxy.php

After I took this picture, we added 2x DBx 2231 Graphic EQ's, and 7 channels of rented wireless mics. Surprisingly, the 10-20 year old ones we had weren't working well. We also swapped out a bunch of the PGX's because they peak out so easily. The console (Midas Venice 320, a rental) is sitting on a custom built table that we made just for this show. We're gonna try to keep it for future musicals now.

I meant to take more pics, I just never got around to it. The EQ's sat where the mics are in this picture, and my macbook pro (for sound cues via Qlab) sat on top of that. Also absent is a music stand for my script.

It got a lot more complicated after this picture. We were scrounging for mic cable, to we had to throw together some pretty kludgey things.

I have to start backwards, as I have no current pics of FOH. Here's the amp & wireless rack (which is a work in progress):

Attachments

• RackHJR200908.jpg
    RackHJR200908.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 861
I built this booth 20 years ago in this 150 seat community theater located in downtown Brooklyn; the theater has been around for 60 years. Old boothers will notice the 1970's patch panels - the switches still come in handy. Our lighting grid is a conduit system (no overloaded neutrals) with 84 ports and we have 24 (NSI) dimmers. All lampare 500w. Typical show has 25-50 sub masters and 150 queues. Our equipment is a technical as is sensible for this type of theatre - can't get too sophisticated with the technicians we have. But we are better equipped than most off-broadway houses. We use the less exotic and less professional equipment (NSI, Sony, NAD) and have a really neat special FX and practicals board. For sound we have CD, MD, and even cassette, run through a nice mixer. No mics on stage - not needed.

This thread is interesting to me because we are considering a remodel to our booth, and one thing I want to do is tilt the glass windows to remove the reflection of our faces, and give us a better view of the stage. Does anyone have this, or have you found it unnecessary?

This thread is interesting to me because we are considering a remodel to our booth, and one thing I want to do is tilt the glass windows to remove the reflection of our faces, and give us a better view of the stage. Does anyone have this, or have you found it unnecessary?

In our booth, we have sliding windows, so the whole thing about reflection is rendered redundant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back