Brand New Theatre!! What would you put in it??

Lighting wise you should go for loads of multi parameter fixtures and an ETC Ion. Great, easy to use board and brilliant for students to use.
Also go for Canford Can System, I cannot recommend it enough.
If you are very daring and have an unlimited budget, get a drum revolve! LOL

Big difference in knowing what to have and getting it done correctly and economically - especially if overseen by government and to be competitively bid through contractors and such.
Definitely. Another thing I've seen happen is to see someone put a comprehensive list together and then when that turns out to be over budget have someone who may not understand the implications start editing the list to fit the budget, leaving you with many less important items while missing some critical ones. Unless you have unlimited budget or know for sure that you can procure everything within the budget available then it may be important to identify not just the line items but also their priority.

I can attest to the effectiveness of impact drivers. Much more efficient for driving screws.

... Much less pleasant to share a space with. Trying to call focus while carpenters are using a screw gun? Managable. Trying to call focus while carpenters are using an impact driver? Infuriating.

Not to derail this but I see the Makita impact drivers all over, and I haven't used one. I've got a dewalt, why is it that people seem to prefer the makita? I've never heard a specific reason. Just curious.

Via tapatalk

Not to derail this but I see the Makita impact drivers all over, and I haven't used one. I've got a dewalt, why is it that people seem to prefer the makita? I've never heard a specific reason. Just curious.

Via tapatalk

Makita's tend to be a bit lighter in my experience.

And on impact drivers, that is the only way I will drive a screw. MUCH faster... much more efficient. I won't be caught dead in a shop without one.

Makita's tend to be a bit lighter in my experience.

And on impact drivers, that is the only way I will drive a screw. MUCH faster... much more efficient. I won't be caught dead in a shop without one.

Ah that makes sense then, I had 18v dewalts and those things were cinder blocks in your hand. The 20v lithium impact I have now makes a huge difference in weight.

Since this thread has formed a tangent about impact drivers, I propose we move that discussion over to this thread, and get this thread back to advice on outfitting a new venue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back