Budget Minded Vocal Effects Processor?

KBToys82

Hi everyone, I'm looking to get (hopefully) a rack mounted vocal effects processor for my school since we will need some effects for our musical and talent show (deep voice like a beast, robot, lots of reverb, slapback.) Last year I borrowed a parent's that was a pedal unit and I'm hoping that there is a budget friendly processor you guys know of that I can mount to my rack.

Thanks!

SPX990s are going used on eBay for about $200. That's the classic effects processor that you would see in professional rigs - the reason they're cheap is that almost all effects processing is now done via plugins on digital consoles.

A fellow teacher said he had a a Midiverb, though I don't know what model. So I'm going to check that out.

Do you guys think the Behringer Vertiualizer 3D FX200 or Lexicon MX400XL would have the effects I'm looking for or are really just about the reverb/delay. I'd rather not get a machine that has very limited special effects.

A fellow teacher said he had a a Midiverb, though I don't know what model. So I'm going to check that out.

Do you guys think the Behringer Vertiualizer 3D FX200 or Lexicon MX400XL would have the effects I'm looking for or are really just about the reverb/delay. I'd rather not get a machine that has very limited special effects.
I have a Behringer Virtualizer 3D in front of me now in my church rack. While I do like it for reverb, I think you could find a better option for more of the special-effecty effects.

If you have an iPad or an Android tablet, get a Behringer XR12 (under $300 shipped). You'll get four stereo FX and a sub mixer (save channels on your main mixer).

The Lexicon MX400XL is a nice unit. I have one in my FOH rack and having two stereo units in one space is handy. While I don't use the modulation too often the reverbs and delays are very nice. In your price range it is what i would by.

I purchased the MX400 TRS unit. Unfortunately wasn't so great with the modulation effect I was hoping for so I didn't use it, but it did come in handy during Shrek. I even was able to control it with Qlab to turn on and off when I needed it.

Should I ever use more than 14 mics in addition to the returns, I am debating on adding a second mixer to get more channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back