Can anyone identify these lighting fixtures?

If you're referring to the big tylenols (see Airplane!) they look like the protective covers you can buy for moving mirror lights, designed for Cybers, Technobeams, Roboscan 1220, etc. It's a waterproof product that probably isn't made any longer. The LED could be anything, but probably IP65 rated (or whatever the outdoor rating is).

If i remember, I was there in may and have a friend working the magic kingdom, I think those are techno beams,

And yeah the stuff through the window is the fixture the thing you're looking at just keeps it weather proof

Via tapatalk

The large fixtures are Techno Beams in weatherproof housings. The castle itself is not lit by the scanners. Back in 09' the castles discharge lamps were replaced with LED. They are made by a Euro company called SGM, conveniently distributed by Techi-Lux in Orlando. The series are the Palco 3+ range of RGB LED Fixtures.

Thanks for your replies, guys!

I'm surprised they are using LEDs to illuminate the castle. Surely the LED dimming complications would make them unsuitable for their shows...?
I did hear about them using the SGM Palcos. Do they dim well?

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what sort of Hardware/Software they are using to run their light shows and for general night-time lighting? I presume the lights are DMX.

Mike

I can confirm that they are Technobeams in a protective cover for weatherproofing. Disney has this initiative that any new lighting should always include as much LED fixtures as possible. When we upgraded the lighting for Fantasmic along the Rivers of America, we replaced a lot of fixtures with LED stuff (most notably ColorBlast's around the island).

I haven't been down to WDW in a while so I am unable to accurately say what console is being used for the lighting but SMPTE is definitely involved just like it is here in Anaheim.

Hi LightingTechie,

Thanks for your response. It's great to hear from someone who works for Disney.
Do you know which console you use in Anaheim?
When a show starts, is the SMPTE fed to the console from some sort of a show control system? Is it all controlled remotely, or does someone have to make the necessary changes on the lighting console to give control to the show control?

Also, do you know which lights are used to illuminate the Anaheim castle? (I heard something about CityBeams for the base, but maybe that's only in Paris)

Many Thanks,

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back