Canadian Jobs

Misha

Currently I am in my third year of schooling working towards a BoA. I'm trying to decide on if I want to do my masters in design or just get into the industry and where to look for those jobs. I have just landed my first paid lighting design gig and I'm super stoked on that but I'm finding it really hard to find places in Canada that will hire if you are just out of school. Any advice would be awesome!

How is your french and what is your ideal job? What is your ideal job if you are not a designer?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

my french is none existent... i can say hello and thats about it
if not designing then i would go for something else to do with lights or mangement

my french is none existent... i can say hello and thats about it
if not designing then i would go for something else to do with lights or mangement

Well, Cirque does hire a lot of locals to send out on their gigs. From what I have been told, if you work in Montreal french is a must. That might not be true anymore though.

Backstagejobs.com does have the major Canadian citys listed. Seems there are hardly any posts up there. We do have a good number of Canadians around here, they should pipe up with whatever posting areas you guys have. Being that you are left coaster, I really can't help you all that much. From what I have gathered, the difference between BC and Quebec makes Seattle and Boston look like the same city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back