CD80 Pack Unresponsive

soundoff

Hi Guys,

I have an issue with our CD80 Pack system. Last night I was setting lights for an up coming show. I was trying to see what was already up on the stage, and when I was done I walked back past the dimmer rack and noticed that 2 breakers on the front were tripped. I reset them after I checked to see what was on the circuit, and calculated the load. It shouldnt have tripped due to overload. At the end of the night I shut down the board, and the 2 circuits that were tripped were still on. I was not using local control at the dimmers or anything, but I still went up to check. No orange indicator lights were on for the whole system, yet these 2 channels remained active, so I shut off the breakers, and left. This morning when I came back, I reset the breakers on the offending channels to find out that the lights still were on with no signal from anywhere? Is this a shorted SCR? What should I do?
Thanks,
Max

When you say remains active, do you mean that the lights on that dimmer is actually on? It sure sounds like a SCR or TRIAC, whichever is used by a CD80.

Its a blown power cube. CD80's do this all the time. They either fail on or fail off. Just depends on how the god's feel that day. Call your local lighting company for the replacement part. Its a pretty simple fix if you have been inside a dimmer before. If you don't feel comfortable opening up the dimmer, take it into your local lighting shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back