Control/Dimming Chases in cue list on GrandMA 2!

If you want to embed the chase into a cue in the cue stack your best bet is to use a command line macro to fire it. Sadly I don't know the specifics beyond that with out the desk in front of me. Check the manual's section on macros for more info.

If you record a chase on one faders and your show stack on another fader, you can start the chase in the cue and end it after the cue. Keystrokes should be [Go] [Exec] [page.fader]. Off should be [Off] [Exec] [Page.Fader] *These are keystrokes for MA1* and you will put these in the "loops and links" in the cue stack for your show.

Depending on the effect it may also be possible to write an effect and record the desired cue with the effect on and then off the effect in the next cue.

Sorry for the delayed response, in the middle of tech week. I don't know how much you know Tim, or how familiar with the board you are, so I will start from the beginning.

In this scenario there will be 2 sequences, Seq 1 (Show Stack) and Seq 2 (Chase). Start by recording your cues as you normally would into Seq 1, and we will place Seq 1 onto Exec 1.1, or fader one, on page one. When you are ready to create your chase, clear your programmer and beginning by creating step 1 for Seq 2, this will be recorded onto Exec 1.2 (page one, fader two) you will record this just like a cue stack, but only include the channels/fixtures you wish to use in the chase. Repeat for step 2, 3 and so on until your chase is complete. After you have your chase you will hit [Assign] [Exec] [1.2] (Or simply [Assign] and then tap the button above fader two). This should open up kind of a properties menu for the fader. Hit your options tab and on the top right should be an option to make the fader a chase. Now we have to trigger this chase from the show stack.

If you hit [Edit] [Seq] [1] OR [Edit] [Exec] [1.1] OR [Edit] and then tap the button above fader one, you should get a cue stack edit screen. There should be a "Command" or "Cmd" column, scroll down to your desired cue that you wish to start the chase, select the box, a pop-up should appear. Here you will enter the [Go] [Exec] [1.2], hit enter and this command should appear in the column. Find the cue where you wish for the chase to stop and that is where you will enter [Off] [Exec] [1.2].

You may have trouble with the chase running but not being able to see it, as the fader may have to be up as it is acting as a master... You can either raise the fader manually before you need the chase or it can be triggered by the show stack. Similar to before, enter [Exec] [Exec] (which will show up as Fader) [1.2] [at] [100], in the cmd column either at the top of the show or in a cue before the chase is needed.

Any questions feel free to ask, hopefully I'm not missing any steps!

In this scenario there will be 2 sequences, Seq 1 (Show Stack) and Seq 2 (Chase). Start by recording your cues as you normally would into Seq 1, and we will place Seq 1 onto Exec 1.1, or fader one, on page one. When you are ready to create your chase, clear your programmer and beginning by creating step 1 for Seq 2, this will be recorded onto Exec 1.2 (page one, fader two) you will record this just like a cue stack, but only include the channels/fixtures you wish to use in the chase. Repeat for step 2, 3 and so on until your chase is complete. After you have your chase you will hit [Assign] [Exec] [1.2] (Or simply [Assign] and then tap the button above fader two). This should open up kind of a properties menu for the fader. Hit your options tab and on the top right should be an option to make the fader a chase. Now we have to trigger this chase from the show stack.

Ok that was the bit I knew but thanks for clarifying!

If you hit [Edit] [Seq] [1] OR [Edit] [Exec] [1.1] OR [Edit] and then tap the button above fader one, you should get a cue stack edit screen. There should be a "Command" or "Cmd" column, scroll down to your desired cue that you wish to start the chase, select the box, a pop-up should appear. Here you will enter the [Go] [Exec] [1.2], hit enter and this command should appear in the column. Find the cue where you wish for the chase to stop and that is where you will enter [Off] [Exec] [1.2].

Ok that was the bit I was looking for! Thanks ever so much for your help it has been really usefull. I am quite experianced on the GrandMA but pretty much only busk lighting shows and therefore do not use cue stacks much.

Thanks again!

Tim A

Hi There,

Was just wondering if anyone knew how to get a chase to playback as a single cue in a cue list. I know how to create a chase by creating multiple cues in an executor and then using "Assign" to turn it into a chase.

Thanks in advance,

Tim Austin

If you want the chase to be a "one shot", add an extra cue at the end of the chase itself (it can be a blank cue), and tell it to turn itself off. ie: "Off Exec 1.2"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back