Chauvet Color Dash Issues

ahat30

Hey everyone, I'm having an issue with a Chauvet Color Dash fixture. We use Jands Vista, Byron software for control, and when we shut down the system, after releasing all lights, one of our ColorDash's wants to stay on the whole time using Red as its choice. Resetting it at the fixture, or even throwing the breaker won't solve the issue as we have tried these things. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Adam

Is it always the same fixture? Or is it another random fixture? I have had this happen before.
At least in my case it was because of lack of termination. Sometimes when the board shuts down, there is "static" (term used by an ETC Rep) that can be sent down the DMX line by the board. I've had it happen with conventional fixtures too. A terminator at the end of the line might fix it. Usually if I restart the board and shut it down again, it clears the signal. I hope this helps!

... Sometimes when the board shuts down, there is "static" (term used by an ETC Rep) ...
Tell the "ETC Rep" to use the proper terminology: DMX death gasp due to hold last look.

See also http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/lighting-electrics/29813-led-light-dmx-problem.html , especially
Just a small suggestion.....turn off the power to the fixtures. We should all be aware that when we remove data to our LED fixtures, and leave power on, the fixtures are still running. The power supplies are energized and we all know that electronics have a limited useful life.

We're all spoiled by dimmers since when we turn off the console, all the tungsten [and other] sources turn off. Only the dimmer electronics stay active which is 1-6 devices per rack. The same is not true for LED fixtures.

So I've been on a little bit of a campaign, secretly [not much of a campaign then I guess], to let people know that their LED fixtures, MLs, scrollers, foggers, etc, will all last longer if you remove power from them. We have such a large investment in these devices, it only makes sense to have them around for as long as possible.

Sorry if this blatantly obvious...maybe it can help someone....

Yes, it would be nice to know what's going on with the OP's data issue. Not addressing or patching channel 6 is not the issue and my guess is the splitter is faulty. Try to source another splitter with some 3-5 pin adapters and see if the problem still exists. If not, you've found it.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back