Chauvet INTIMIDATOR CH605 Programming

jmowbray

I'm trying to address and program with two Intimidators for an upcoming show. My first issue is I'm not sure if I'm addressing the fixtures correctly. I have a 1 to 1 patch currently. I'm starting at channel 547. I select the manufacturer (Chauvet) then the fixture type is part of the issue. They have multiple versions of the Intimidator. I'm guessing since mine says nothing but "Intimidator" on the fixture it must be the 1.0 version???? I have included pictures of the fixture and label. So I need the addressing to start at 35, so I select dip switch 1,2 and 6 (1+2+32=35). However the fixture does not like that. The lamp turns on and shuts off after a short amount of time. I have control over the pan and tilt of the mirror but that's it. No color or gobo contol. I found out that when unplugging the data the lamp stays on. I also found that with the data plugged in, if I shut the #1 dip switch off I can cycle through gobos and colors, pan and tilt. However the gobos aren't matching up with what is in the ETC ion. They are the correct designs but when the "square" gobo is selected on the board the fixture pulls up dots. Or when you select the red color it pulls up green. Which makes me think my addressing is wrong. Can anyone help me?

I have also attached the manual.

Attachments

• 2A793851-2171-4EFA-926A-03CB264066B5.pdf
    824.2 KB · Views: 177
Here are the pictures

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 149
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 126
So you switched it from 35 to 34 and everything works correctly?

The gobos can be moved around from their original spots so the Ion might just be giving you the factory slots, it can’t sense or know what’s in those slots. If that’s not the case then pick a different version of intimidator and see if the gobos move around.

I also wouldn’t put it past the Ion to let you reconfigure the fixture profile and say what gobo goes where.

When I change it to 34 the only thing that changed was the bulb remained on. I don't think these gobos can be moved as they are all cut out of the same metal disk. When I switched to 34 the color still wont change though. I did find a custom fixture creator in the manual. I will give it a go and see what I can do tonight.

For what it's worth. I just got off the phone with Chauvet and they have no clue what fixture I have. They have no manual or recollection of any scanner that was just called "intimidator". I gave them the model and serial number the paint color and they know nothing. This beast is OLD

I asked around the office...
One of our product managers, who used to be a technical writer, remembers this thing. He said it is OOOOOLLLLLLD.
I scoured our documents drive, which has been pretty meticulously maintained for the last seven years, and found an old manual. It's attached, for your viewing pleasure.
It is extremely unlikely that you'll be able to find a profile for this on any modern console.
your best bet is to build your own.
Here's the Channel breakdown:
upload_2017-12-22_13-51-52.png

Here's the full manual (oh boy is this old) :)

Attachments

• Intim CH605 Scanner UM.pdf
    833.2 KB · Views: 1,009
I asked around the office...
One of our product managers, who used to be a technical writer, remembers this thing. He said it is OOOOOLLLLLLD.
I scoured our documents drive, which has been pretty meticulously maintained for the last seven years, and found an old manual. It's attached, for your viewing pleasure.
It is extremely unlikely that you'll be able to find a profile for this on any modern console.
your best bet is to build your own.
Here's the Channel breakdown:
View attachment 15784
Here's the full manual (oh boy is this old) :)

Thank you so much. Like I said I'm going to guess it's the original since it doesn't even have the 1.0 notation. Good news is that it's still kicking. The fixtures themselves haven't been used in over 10 years and fired up no problem.

Keep one and sell it to a collector then buy all new fixtures. :dance::dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back