Chauvet LFS 75-DMX

LSkerpon

Hi Everyone:

Does anyone have experience of using the Chauvet LFS 75-DMX lighting unit? I am looking to add DMX lighting to my theatre projecting from the back corners of the theatre to provide some additional front lighting on the stage. This light was recommended to me by an individual, but before I purchase them I was hoping to see some ideas and feedback.

Amazon.com : Chauvet Lighting LFS-75DMX 75 Watt LED Framing Spot/Gobo Projector : Special Effects Lighting : Musical Instruments

If you don't recommend that unit, do you have any other suggestions?

I have about $2000 to spend on this project. Only requirements are that I can get at least 4 of whatever lighting units are best, and that they can be run on wireless DMX (via ShowBaby Wireless).

Thanks!

I have never used that product, but my past experience with Chauvet was not good. They have quality products, but not pro products. In terms of brightness I think you'll be disappointed. I have their 60 watt LED scanners (intimidator LED 300) and when I turn the conventionals on they disappear. Also I doubt that color wheel has theatre compatible colors.

Any reason not to get some S4s?

Use the search feature and look for some other follow spot threads. One was posted not to long ago.

@BillESC. What's your take on these?

More information such as distance and what light levels that would be competed against would be beneficial.

What is the throw distance? The Chauvet unit says "8,710 lux @ 2 m"; that's 809 FC at 6.6'. For comparison, a 575W Source Four 19° is 4807 FC at 6.6'. Each time distance is doubled, intensity is quartered. For stage use, 50 FC is the absolute minimum.

It's designed to project gobos or highlight bride & groom entrances in an otherwise rather dim hotel ballroom or other such event venue. For that use, it's great. For theater use on the other hand I'd rate it as not good and also that color temperature is not going to blend with the rest of the rig.

Yes, I have one and planning to purchase another, but everything others said is true; not extremely bright (don't expect to go over 30 feet) and limited color wheel.
Ive used it to light up sponsor boards very well, but Source 4s for $300 on the used market are a great value.

My first choice would be the Lustr+ series. Doubt it meets budget. Here is a link all the same.

Are dimmers not available at this particular location? If power is there you can use these should you go the conventional route.

If you want an actual Spotlight, depending on the throw, you might be able to swing 2x Altman Comets or whatever they call them these days.

Hey guys,

I'm looking at adding some LED front lights to the main room in a drama school my sister operates in Australia. Previously there's been a couple of cheapish fresnels and some par56s. They are moving to a new venue and power will be an issue, so I need to go all LED. Have been looking at the Chauvet LFS 75-DMX ($500AUD at the moment) thinking that 4 could be a good option to light a small stage approx 6.25m x 3.75m. The other option I was looking at was 4 Chauvet DJ Slimpar Pro VW White LED Parcans ($400AUD at the moment), or I guess a combination of the 2. Any other suggestions are welcome, but I guess that's about the budget ($400-$500 Australian per fixture - or a bit more if there's something much better for $500-$700 - and must be LED). Thanks for reading (if anyone's still on this thread).
Thom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back