Automated Fixtures Chauvet Maverick cost

dpak

Does anyone have an idea on how much each fixture will cost? I haven't been able to find any info on the web. I'm considering getting two Rogue2 Washes, but I figure I should wait, since the Maverick wash is brighter.

I've heard they are around a grand or so more expensive than the R2s, I saw the demo of part of the line last week, the washes are really nice, the R2s are still great for what I do, but if I need an arena size wash light I know what I will be getting.

Does anyone have an idea on how much each fixture will cost? I haven't been able to find any info on the web. I'm considering getting two Rogue2 Washes, but I figure I should wait, since the Maverick wash is brighter.

I heard about $2,700 for the Maverick wash and $5,000 for the Maverick Spot. Which is way more than the "mid $3,000s" that the Chauvet rep stated in one of the videos from a recent lighting show where it was being exhibited. I was going to pick up a couple of Rogue spots, which I can get for about $1,600 each, then I was going to hold off and think about it when I heard mid $3000s for the Mav Spot, which looks like a really amazing piece of hardware. But for $5,000 I'll just slum with the Rogue spots for now.

... Which is way more than the "mid $3,000s" that the Chauvet rep stated in one of the videos from a recent lighting show where it was being exhibited. ...
You added the $ sign; @Michael Graham actually said "mid three thousands." Being in Frankfort Germany at the time, perhaps he meant Euros?

FF to 00:46
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I really like the last fixture in the video, but it will take me some time to wrap my head around programming a unit with one pan and five tilts.o_O

Last edited:
You added the $ sign; @Michael Graham actually said "mid three thousands." Being in Frankfort Germany at the time, perhaps he meant Euros?

I really like the last fixture in the video, but it will take me some time to wrap my head around programming a unit with one pan and five tilts.o_O

Good point. Wishful thinking probably did the conversion. Can you imagine the situation 10 years from now? Pixel mapped arrays of gridded 150 mini head movers... or something like that, or worse. Like a fixture consisting of 10 LED RGBAWUVLimeCyan moving heads that extend off a cable attached to a gimble and hang in space and rotate, with the speed of rotation determining the angle of elevation. There will probably be single fixtures that extend past a universe of control, rendering DMX obsolete.

Last edited:
Good point. Wishful thinking probably did the conversion. Can you imagine the situation 10 years from now? Pixel mapped arrays of gridded 150 mini head movers... or something like that, or worse. Like a fixture consisting of 10 LED RGBAWUVLimeCyan moving heads that extend off a cable attached to a gimble and hang in space and rotate, with the speed of rotation determining the angle of elevation. There will probably be single fixtures that extend past a universe of control, rendering DMX obsolete.

DMX Is already obsolete, console manufacturers just haven't accepted it yet. sACN is a bandaid to the problem, as well. We really need something that allows for bidirectional communication between devices and consoles (that sucks less than RDM).

They actually have a mode which sold me on the units, a 3 channel tilt. There is a channel for "master tilt" and then a channel which controls the spread between the little heads. Then there is a third channel for the infinity modes which overrides the first channel.

Last edited:
around 5K is MSRP for the spots, you will be able to find the fixtures for less.

True probably mid 4000's. Which still seems high to me based on the Rogue R2 Spot at $1,600. You are basically adding 190 W of power and CMY/CTO mixing. Plus a few other refinements. Yet the price is almost triple. On the other hand, it seems to compete well on specs and price with other similar fixtures from higher end companies.

Last edited:

I misspoke in the videos. The MAP on the MK2 Spot will be around $5600 USD. Sorry for the confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back