chauvet obey 40 and colorstrip problems

kidboy500

I read the manual, looked on youtube and still can't configure this properly. 1st off on the colorstrip in the back, is that blue light suppose to blink all the time?

2ndly. I addressed my lights propery, when moving the faders I don't get red, blue, or green like I thought I was suppose to. If I move fader 1 and 2 up then I get random stuff, that's the only thing I can do to get the lights to come on.

3rd, i'm using these colorstrips for uplighting, currently I hvae 14 lights, the controller only has enough for 12 fixtures? What do I do, can I combine addresses? Since it's room lighting I want all the lights doing the same thing anyways.

Please help.
Thanks!

I read the manual, looked on youtube and still can't configure this properly. 1st off on the colorstrip in the back, is that blue light suppose to blink all the time?

2ndly. I addressed my lights propery, when moving the faders I don't get red, blue, or green like I thought I was suppose to. If I move fader 1 and 2 up then I get random stuff, that's the only thing I can do to get the lights to come on.

3rd, i'm using these colorstrips for uplighting, currently I hvae 14 lights, the controller only has enough for 12 fixtures? What do I do, can I combine addresses? Since it's room lighting I want all the lights doing the same thing anyways.

Please help.
Thanks!

You need to make sure your color strips are in RGB mode as there are several modes available. Put channel 1 at any DMX value between 210-219 (83%-85%), channel 2, 3, 4 should now work for RGB control. And yes you can address all fixtures to the same DMX address and they will all do the same thing. There is no limit to how many things can be on the same channel as long as you will want them to do the same thing and won't need separate control over each one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back