Automated Fixtures Chauvet Q-Spot 300's Eternal Resetting

DMxLR

Heree in a Church facility I am working inwe have 4 Chauvet Q-Spot300's mounted on the floor, and as of late they have taken it upon themselves to reset every time the lamp is struck and continue to reset until I have to force shut them down and re-boot the fixtures. I was able to alter the settings on the units so that they will not take Reset Command from DMX but that has not actually taken effect as the same problem is still occuring. I talked to the Chauvet support team but all they could suggest was to buy a new unit from them, I asked if this was a common problem to which they quickly responded that they were sure that I could have avoided this by reporting this during the warranty term of the fixtures. I am at a loss as to what to do here so any help short of why sledgehammer theroy woudl be greatly appreciated.

They all started doing it at the same time? If so, it is probably more of a board issue. Look close at the preset being used to strike the lamps. It could be that instead of throwing a fixed value, it is sweeping as in a "fade up" command. If that is the case, the fixture is going to try to respond to each of the values.

Although Chauvet is not "top of the line", it would still be unusual for a group to fail in the same way at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back