Chauvet RH1 Hybrid lamp issues

partyanimal

Hi all, I'm just wondering if anyone is familiar with the Chauvet RH1 Hybrid unit and any lamp issues they may have with them. I've got one that strikes on startup and then the lamp douses after a few seconds. I tried swapping out the 60MM lamp fans, the main 92MM lamp fan, lamp and ballast with those from a known working unit with no success. I previously had issues with this unit with a faulty 60MM lamp fan that was causing the same issue but I've replaced all the fans and the problem has not been resolved. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
partyanimallighting

Sorry for posting twice. Couldn't find an option to delete the first post.
@partyanimal Only site owner DVS Dave and moderators can delete posts. You can usually use the edit function to remove all content from your post but once you've posted something, it's there forever. Welcome to Dave's Control Booth Forum.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Hi all, I'm just wondering if anyone is familiar with the Chauvet RH1 Hybrid unit and any lamp issues they may have with them. I've got one that strikes on startup and then the lamp douses after a few seconds. I tried swapping out the 60MM lamp fans, the main 92MM lamp fan, lamp and ballast with those from a known working unit with no success. I previously had issues with this unit with a faulty 60MM lamp fan that was causing the same issue but I've replaced all the fans and the problem has not been resolved. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
partyanimallighting
Calling @rsmentele and / or @Ford
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

What are the running lamp hours? Could it be auto shutting down due to too many hours? I'm not sure if the Chauvet's do it, but most of the 5r series fixtures do if they're over hours.

Units are practically brand new internally. I outfitted each one with a new lamp and ballast and zeroed the lamp hours. One works fine but the other strikes then douses after a few seconds. I've determined that it's an issue with the MH078E driver board that feeds the lamp fans. One fan doesn't work and that triggers a lamp shutdown response from the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back