Control/Dimming Chauvet Rogue RH1 Hybrid Troubles

Ward

Last year we purchased 2 new Chauvet Rogue RH1 Hybrids and they have worked great and haven't given us any issues since we set them up. But recently one of them have been giving us some troubles. For some reason I have no control over its intensity. I have total DMX control over its movement but whenever I go to turn its intensity up the light just stays dark. I have tried resting my lighting board and making sure that there is no shutter or anything like that, that could cause the fixture to appear dark but to no avail. I would go look at the configuration of the fixture itself but my lift is currently broken so that is not an option. My first thought is that the LED light inside of the fixture may have burned out but they are supposed to have a life span of 1,500 hours and we have not gotten anywhere near that amount. Please let me know what you think could be causing this and what you would advise doing.

Well I would say first thing you need to do is get t down.

If you can manually strike the lamp then might be a Dmx Chip issue. If it doesn't strike then it could be the led driver chip.

When you take it down check vents and filters if it's not getting airflow then the led could of burned up and the second one will follow soon after.

A year is a long time to go without servicing anything that isn't sealed.

Not sure what the warranty process is for Chauvet Pro stuff so best bet is to call support and ask them.

The fixture in question uses an Osram Sirius 330 W X8 lamp, an HID arc source, not LED.

@Ward, can you tell from the floor whether or not the lamp is lit? Any light leaking out from anywhere?

You're not going to be able to fix it until you can get to it.

Do, please get on the phone with customer Service. The RH1 is a lamped instrument, not LED. It uses the Osram Sirius SR330X8 lamp.

Call Customer Service, they should be able to sort you right out.
Customer Service: (954) 577-4455 option 4

*edited to change Limped to Lamped.... Autocorrect is super. #donttextandwalk #isitfridayyet

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back