Chauvet Rogue R2 wash color snap

Cjfreud

Recently purchased 24 Rogue R2 washes for one of my venues. My only complaint is that there is a slight delay when bumping between colors. Is there any way to get them to snap between colors instantly? I have had no luck finding a solution in fixture settings or dmx values. Thanks.

Is it a slight fade or is it a wait and then a snap?

I'd say you should be looking at the dimmer curve options. I use both R1 and R2 washes and that change is instant. Love 'em.

There is also the option to change this in the control channel, as well as inverting the pan and tilt. It throws people off, because the control channel changes the fixture menu settings, when they are used to changing dmx defaults in the profile, its similar to how RDM works, but just regular dmx control. You don't need to save anything. Just change the control channel to the setting you want then, clear the console. At a festival with people cloning fixtures they may inadvertently change the fixture setting and get very confused.

I

Yes it was dimmer speed. I told the tour who was in control of the rig this was probably it but they were dubious. To be fair, this control should have something to do with color speed as dimmer is really a separate parameter. I was also surprised that this was the default. That being said, great fixture!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back