Check it out - new website for my facility

In no particular order:

The JS dropdowns could use some tuning (sometimes they pop up in the wrong place http://cpfx.ca/screenshots/2011_47_10_7dbe4.png , it's a bit touchy in terms of closing before it should, and the fading could be much faster).
The little menu thing on the bottom-left could be rearranged, the >'s and the current arrangement made me thing some CSS hadn't loaded.
A photo gallery area with paste performances would be cool.
Some links don't seem to point to the right place (e.g. "Rent the..." links to the sponsorship page).
Grammar issue with the button in the bottom right of the homepage ("do you have Facebook?" not "do you have a facebook?", or just drop that phrase entirely since it doesn't serve any purpose for that button).
The mp3 on the home page only starts at 00:13, I thought it was broken at first (and I have some niggles with that recording, but not a website issue).

Other than that, very nice website, and it has the most important feature of any website: real content.

In no particular order:

The JS dropdowns could use some tuning (sometimes they pop up in the wrong place http://cpfx.ca/screenshots/2011_47_10_7dbe4.png , it's a bit touchy in terms of closing before it should, and the fading could be much faster).
The little menu thing on the bottom-left could be rearranged, the >'s and the current arrangement made me thing some CSS hadn't loaded.
A photo gallery area with paste performances would be cool.
Some links don't seem to point to the right place (e.g. "Rent the..." links to the sponsorship page).
Grammar issue with the button in the bottom right of the homepage ("do you have Facebook?" not "do you have a facebook?", or just drop that phrase entirely since it doesn't serve any purpose for that button).
The mp3 on the home page only starts at 00:13, I thought it was broken at first (and I have some niggles with that recording, but not a website issue).

Other than that, very nice website, and it has the most important feature of any website: real content.

Thanks for the feedback.

What browser are you using? The reason I ask is that the drop-down menu has the same problems with regards to its placement in Google Chrome, but it looks good in Internet Explorer.

As far as the Facebook grammar, the background image I used for the button itself was from somewhere else and had the text embedded. I'll see if I can camoflauge the text somehow.

I'm working on re-doing the bottom 3 links so it doesn't seem as if some code hadn't loaded properly.

Thanks for the input.

Not sure if its anything you can fix, but the Facebook link doesn't take me to the actual pages it just takes me to my homepage. It happens on other websites to that have a link to Facebook. Tex how did you get to the photo gallery, I'm using XP/Firefox 5.0 and it shows its "coming soon"

The photo gallery was in German for me. XP/Firefox 5.0

(Viewing on Mac OS X 10.6)
I got that, and this error, Den gewënschten Album oder Datei existéiert net! (I see you removed the link for the gallery)

I would make the grainy picture of tickets on the front page link to ShowTix4U, and check the link at the bottom of the paragraph. It links to a page that says No events, then redirects a few seconds later to a correct page.

The directions page has two maps, one of them doesn't seem to have any information on it.

I might add some basic specs to the Technical Specs page. Things like Total Capacity, or capacity with different configurations.

Not sure if its anything you can fix, but the Facebook link doesn't take me to the actual pages it just takes me to my homepage. It happens on other websites to that have a link to Facebook. Tex how did you get to the photo gallery, I'm using XP/Firefox 5.0 and it shows its "coming soon"

The link worked for a little while, and then was removed.

Last edited:
(Viewing on Mac OS X 10.6)
I got that, and this error, Den gewënschten Album oder Datei existéiert net! (I see you removed the link for the gallery)

I would make the grainy picture of tickets on the front page link to ShowTix4U, and check the link at the bottom of the paragraph. It links to a page that says No events, then redirects a few seconds later to a correct page.

The directions page has two maps, one of them doesn't seem to have any information on it.

I might add some basic specs to the Technical Specs page. Things like Total Capacity, or capacity with different configurations.

The link worked for a little while, and then was removed.

I tried clicking the tickets link but didn't have any problems with the show popping up. I took your suggestion on making the ticket picture an active link as well. The direction page with maps is a Google product. As far as I can tell, there's no way for me to alter it independent of Google.

I like your suggestion about basic tech facts and will incorporate that in as well.

I clicked the image and, for what it's worth, it did bring me to the correct page on FB.

One small picky thing - I would tighten up the kerning (space between the characters) in the "20" in the header. It feels like they are pulling apart.

The #1 important thing for me is to be able to access your tech specs in three clicks or less. Thank you for doing that!

The #1 important thing for me is to be able to access your tech specs in three clicks or less. Thank you for doing that!

No problem. I am going to try to re-organize the information under the "Rentals" link to make it a bit more streamlined as well as adding a basic tech specs section so that people don't have to download the entire packet if they don't require it.

Everything displays great in OS X 10.6 on Safari. The menus also work great. They expand where they should and the accent function is great.

And now I know about your theatre. We are located in Freedom, so not too far away

Everything displays great in OS X 10.6 on Safari. The menus also work great. They expand where they should and the accent function is great.

And now I know about your theatre. We are located in Freedom, so not too far away

10.7 on Safari, menus got a little weird. Sometimes the open where they should, sometimes they open to high. It is seemingly random, but repeatable.
proxy.php

Thanks. I just used WordPress to get the basic infrastructure down and then tore it apart and continued tweaking it to fit our needs. Other that that, I did most of the coding myself and embedded some java script apps and things like that through Dynamic Drive.

10.7 on Safari, menus got a little weird. Sometimes the open where they should, sometimes they open to high. It is seemingly random, but repeatable.

Updated my OS X to 10.6.8 and now I am getting the same issue, but only when I first mouse over the link. After the first time it displays correctly. I wouldn't worry about it. Seems to be an issue with Safari. I'm sure Apple will correct it in the next update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back