Chimes/Gong for House Announcement PA/Intercom

lightz

My house announcement PA/Intercom has the ability to play up to 10 mp3/wav tracks from an sd card to multiple zones in a building. Since this is a system that is not only installed in theatres it does not have any default chimes/gongs fitted. Does anyone have any audio files/links they might want share. I am looking for a common chime/gong and some general theatre announcements eg. "Ladies and Gentlemen this is your half hour call. 30 minutes please" and 15min , 10min and beginners call , and of course "Good evening ladies and gentlemen. This evenings performance will begin shortly".

Where do you buy these recorded announcements/do you make them yourselves?

I have made some of my own preshow house announcements, but they are usually show specific. The places status calls are usually just done by the SM either in person (on headset and walking around to the green room and dressing rooms) or over the backstage announce.

I usually record my own announcements or we have a local radio personality that will record for us. and like np stated calls for places usually come from the SM in person. as far as the chime/gong effect i would just head over to freesound.org and take a look at what they have for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back