Clear-Com Headset for one-side hearing loss

RFabrizio

Hi I am a lighting supervisor for a dance company, and when we create new pieces I am the one calling channels to the board op from the Lighting Designer. I have a problem however, I am deaf in my right ear, so when I have a headset on, I cannot hear the LD very well without constantly removing my headset. Is there any headset out there that would make it easier to hear the LD and my board op and SM? Something with a speaker that goes behind my ear perhaps? I have been trying to find stuff online, however the only thing I can seem to find is ultra light clear com headset, but I am not sure that is a viable solution since they require I put the speak in my ear which will cut down my ability to hear the LD also. Can someone please let me know of anything that will be good for me to look into. Thanks.

RFabrizio

I am thinking something like the PocketTalker pro with a single ear-bud not in your ear but under the muff sock of your clearcom .

Williams Sound | PKTPRO13 - Pocketalker Pro | PKT PRO1-3 | B&H

I have seen other devices like this in the $30-$50 price range that may work, but finding a source ......
I believe it is generally known as an "amplified hearing device" try a web search on that term.

Clear-Com Communication Systems: Partyline, Digital Matrix, IP and Wireless Intercoms

proxy.php

Thats is probably your best option. Really, you don't want to be wearing a headset at all. This will allow you to use a gooseneck mic to talk into. If you are talking more then hearing, this would be the way to go in my opinion. They are pretty expensive, around 600 bucks, but... there ya go. I have also seen people make mods that allow you to use a pair of desktop speakers and an SM58 to do the same thing with a standard beltpack. If money is an issue, I could look into that for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back