ColorRam II Scroller with an IQ and an Iris

CasterZ

We have an IQ power supply that usually runs an IQ and DMX Iris without problems. We are currently trying to add a ColorRam II scroller into the mix. We have all the parts appropriately attached to the unit and the dmx chain is; IQ power supply into IQ into scroller into Iris. The IQ and Iris are functioning normally but the scroller isn't powering on. Is there an obvious flaw in our methods, such as the power not being powerful enough? Or are we missing something silly?

I'm not familiar with all the scroller brands out there, but I do know that there are two pinouts for 4 pin scroller cable. Almost everyone uses one way and a few much older units use the other way. We run Morpheus ColorFaders and they aren't compatible with anything else as they use the 'old' way. I'd check the specs on the power supply pinout and the specs on the ColorRam.

The Little Powersupply's use for IQs and Iris' (40w?) may not be powerful enough, if that is what you are using. (the little "laptop" style brick with AC in, a DMX in dongle, and 4 pin out style.) The larger Rosco or City Theaterical PSU thats are like 600w, usually a C'clamp with multiple "sets of powered 4 pin outs will definantly have the power. The little IQ powersupply's I've seen and my Larger Rosco 600w, have a little lable indicated "rough" how much power certian types of devices pull. Check your Iris and IQ, and then your Power Supply and see how close to the max draw you are at?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back