Colorsource PAR Question

I have installed 4 colorsource par lights as side lights in my theatre. When I power off the board, one of the lights stays on. Otherwise they work great. Putting a terminator on the las fixture didn't solve the problem. I replaced the terminator and nothing changed. I was thinking maybe a faulty cable, but wouldn't that cause the lights to not work properly?
Is there another reason for this problem?

Some fixtures have settings to choose what happens with loss of signal.. check that setting... I think etc has choices of "off" "last setting" and maybe "default" for loss of DMX The manual should tell you
if that is true for the Colorsource.

Some fixtures have settings to choose what happens with loss of signal.. check that setting... I think etc has choices of "off" "last setting" and maybe "default" for loss of DMX The manual should tell you
if that is true for the Colorsource.
Yep - check to see if this fixture is playing a Preset "in the background". DMX takes over from a Preset. It could just be that the [Mode] button was bumped.

Luke

Type "DMX death gasp" into the search box. No really, we'll wait. Here's the wiki entry we want you to find: https://www.controlbooth.com/wiki/DMX-death-gasp . This concept was conceived long before LED fixtures became prevalent, so most of the talk is about dimmers.

And now for the admonishment: Sorry you have to be today's target, @Kevin Statham .
How exactly are you powering the new fixtures?
Subtext here says something like "IF you were powering them in one of several ways that could be termed 'correctly," the DMX gasp, if that is infact what's happening, wouldn't/couldn't ever be noticed."

Other standard questions:
What make/model is the console? Are there any opto-splitter s or other data distribution devices involved? Is there a secondary control source: architectural, Paradigm, etc., in use? Is it the same light every time? Does it then stay on forever? Does it change color at all? If it wasn't on before, does it come on? Do you (and if yes, how?) go to black before turning off the desk?

I hope everyone has his googles and fins ready for "the deeper dive..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back