Colortran i24 rack is not dimming

jgels

Hi all,
I have a slight crisis happening two weeks before a show.

I have a colortran i24 dimmer rack that is on the fritz. Yesterday I plugged a source four in and it began to flicker whenever we had not assigned it to receive power. In our rack we have a few extra dimmers that are not connected to anything so we tried switching it out to see if that would fix the problem. While the light does not flicker any more, the entire rack is now not dimming. It is either black out or full on no matter what input we give it.
We have even tried switching the dimmers back to no avail.

I know it is not a problem with our board because we have tried multiple means of input both dmx and analog. This is a problem in the rack.

Please any help you can give would be much appreciated!

If by full on / full off you mean that when moving the fader from 0 to 100 the channel suddenly switches on, then it sounds like the control module in the dimmer has switched into the "relay" mode. It could be the control module is failing considering the prior complaint.

When the SSRs in the dimmer module go bad, they may flicker when the channel is on, never come on, or be at 100% all the time. If your channel was at "0" and the light flickered, it sounds more like a control module problem.

You don't think it's because the paten ran out on the S4 and since Cunningham designed both the Source 4 and the C'tran dimmers they decided they didn't have to play with each other any longer? Some clever trap door Dave put in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back