communication lately?

len

For those who buy directly from China, have you been having issues communicating with them? I have several suppliers I buy from and none of them are responding over the past few weeks. I'm wondering if there's a communications blackout because of North Korea, or because of the earthquake last week, or something.

Don't know if this is the case, but I remember my dad (who's company used to do a lot of workings with companies in S Korea and China) talking about how he used to have trouble getting a hold of people because he didn't realize that there was a giant national holiday that week so no one was in the office. A glance at the internet says that they're celebrating May Day from the 29th to the 1st; I have no idea if that's a big enough holiday to shut down non-government businesses or not, but it's a possibility.

There seems to be a bunch of possibilities. I'll just have to keep waiting. Fortunately, I don't have any money invested at the moment.

If your problem has been this week, maybe International Workers Day. From wikipedia:

"May 1st is a statutory holiday in the People's Republic of China. Prior to 2008, it was a three day holiday, but is now just the one day. However, it is usually supplemented by two other days to give the appearance of a three day holiday, but not being statutory holidays the extra days have to be 'made up' by working either the preceding or following weekend.
For example, in 2013, May 1st falls on the Wednesday. Most workplaces, including all government offices, will take Monday 29th April, Tuesday 30th April and Wednesday May 1st off. As the first two days are not statutory holidays they have to be 'made up' by working the preceding weekend (27th and 28th April)."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back