Completely new to Vectorworks

lightingguy1

Hi guys,

I have finally broken down and downloaded the 2011 student version of Vectorworks spotlight. Unfortunately I have never used it before, there for, I am completely and utterly lost on how to use it. So any tips and, or tricks are greatly appreciated!

Are there any like quick start videos online?

Thanks
-Lightingguy1

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the suggestions...the videos are help tremendously, but I'm still have issues with trying to find instruments to rig.

When looking at the loading screen, its shows that te products I have registered are only designer and renderworks 2011. So no spotlight?

I am 100% sure I downloaded the 2011 Spotlight version. I guess I will unistall, and get the 2010 version :/ oh well...

Thnx again!

I am going to have to second derekleffew's suggestion. The guy who wrote the book, Gregg Hillmar, came to our school and gave us a class on it but also the book is great with step by step directiond for beginners. Even if you watch a whole bunch of youtube videos (which is not a bad idea) the book is still good to have as a quick reference for the great brain fart moments.

Thanks so much for the suggestions...the videos are help tremendously, but I'm still have issues with trying to find instruments to rig.

When looking at the loading screen, its shows that te products I have registered are only designer and renderworks 2011. So no spotlight?

Designer and renderworks is the full version of vectorworks spotlight is in side it you need to change you work space from Desiger to Spotlight its found under Tools Workspaces Spotlight than to insert a light you need to add the lighting equipment found in the library of the vectorworks folder on your computer to your resource browser for me is here C:\Program Files\Vectorworks2011\Libraries\Objects-Entertainment

Hope it helps

Designer and renderworks is the full version of vectorworks spotlight is in side it you need to change you work space from Desiger to Spotlight its found under Tools Workspaces Spotlight than to insert a light you need to add the lighting equipment found in the library of the vectorworks folder on your computer to your resource browser for me is here C:\Program Files\Vectorworks2011\Libraries\Objects-Entertainment

Hope it helps

This helps so much!!!...And that was my magic Ta-Da moment of the day!

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back