Controlling intelligent lights with an ETC board

gpq

I’m working in a theater with a ETC Express 48/96 board, and two Vari*Lite VL 1000 ERS luminaries. The instruments have their addresses assigned (starting at dimmer 200), and everything looks to be set up ok. However, I’m not sure how to make the board talk to and control the lights. The personalities are set up ok as far as I can see. I haven’t worked with these for a couple of years, and while I remember the basic theory, and more or less remember how to navigate around the board, I had no luck in getting things running.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a thread on here devoted to moving lights on the Express. I'd get into it, but I'm on my iPod and that's a lot of typing. Just do a search for moving lights and Express and you will find a lot.

-Tim

Hey there,

I will be controlling 4 Martin RoboScan Pro 518s, 6 LEDs(4 PARs - 2 Panels), and 2 chauvet Q spot 260 movers in April. (Not to mention 270 Dimmers!) Off of two Expression 3's tied together w/ MTC from SFX on my Computer.

All I can tell you is...

Use Groups and Focus points! And when you think your set, record some more! - IMHO, Using the encoders take forever, except when you have alot of functions to control.

Thnx!
Lightingguy1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back